Major color overhaul

qbism Super8 is a gritty software-rendering 3D engine based on Makaqu and other GPL Quake source code.
func_qbism

Re: Major color overhaul

Post by func_qbism » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:01 am

Thanks for the reports and screenshots. I was able to duplicate this, but got the server running with -heapsize. It also took several tries to get connected, but I'm doing wifi server with wifi client, so I'm blaming that. heapsize is the only memory command recognized by super8.
Try: qbismS8.exe -dedicated -heapsize 256000 BTW, it is not needed to set IP at startup unless you have multiple network adapters on one computer. Type status in the console to see IP.
Welcome to Rivendale, Mister Anderson.

Vonnegut

Post by Vonnegut » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:10 pm

I got it working, seems it was a issue with my quake directory I was trying to use. I grabbed a "fresh" copy of a quake directory from a fresh steam install of quake and now everything is working!!!! Thanks a bunch man, love this engine!

Vonnegut

Post by Vonnegut » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:14 pm

Well that was short lived, so I can connect once, after that I get the same error as I did before. If I restart the dedicated server I can connected again, once.

func_qbism

Post by func_qbism » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:45 pm

I was able to connect/ reconnect to other servers on the internet so it looks like a server issue. I'm guessing the server isn't really releasing the slot after player disconnects, and may be treating the new connection attempt as a duplicate. I will explore that possibility.

func_qbism

Post by func_qbism » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:06 pm

I think this is fixed, or at least better:
https://github.com/qbism/super8/releases/tag/v278

LucianoP

Post by LucianoP » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:06 am

It looks completely different with the color overhaul.