v278 release

qbism Super8 is a gritty software-rendering 3D engine based on Makaqu and other GPL Quake source code.

No votes

Total votes: 0

func_qbism

v278 release

Post by func_qbism » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:08 pm

Welcome to Rivendale, Mister Anderson.

Vonnegut

Re: v278 release

Post by Vonnegut » Tue May 17, 2016 11:13 pm

Howdy, been a while! Just tried this new release, no dice. I tried to start a multiplayer game on one computer and join from another, the client couldn't get connected to the listen server. These computers are on the same LAN have and have no issues playing other LAN games.

The client computer would connect, but never make it into the full game, it would just be at the console and the error out.

func_qbism

Re: v278 release

Post by func_qbism » Wed May 18, 2016 10:07 pm

Sorry to hear that. I was actually able to connect and play over LAN via wifi with this release. Now, I did have the server itself wired directly to the router. Sometimes it would find the server automatically but sometimes I had to manually enter the IP address. Are you able to connect qbism client to some other server like proquake or FTEQW? Are you able to connect, say, a proquake client to a proquake server over your LAN?

One of the challenges has been getting the client or server to more clearly report what's happening after the connection process. By contrast, it's easy to see the initial connection steps in 'developer' mode (developer is a cvar).
Welcome to Rivendale, Mister Anderson.